Monday, October 6, 2008

Great Time

We had our first Youth Group meeting last night. There were 5 kids (Caleb, Katherine, Jensen, Kristy, and Spencer).

First, we had a great dinner of hot dogs and barbeque a little after 5 pm.

After dinner, the kids had some play time before the lesson. They played Ping Pong and a game of Virus (Game similar to Tag) which I participated in both. I was very worn out after the game of Virus (getting old). There was a tournament in Ping Pong where the winner would face me in the championship. Well, it came down to Kristy winning the round robin rounds to play. She kept it interesting but I pulled it out by winning 5-3.

After the play time, we got into our lesson. As I said in previous posts, the lesson was about the Armor of God. I had a little illustration of a little boy with just plain clothes and before talking about each piece of armor, I would put the cutout on the boy. The parts of the armor is:

The Belt of Truth
The Breastplate of Righteousness
The Shoes of Peace
The Shield of Faith
The Helmet of Salvation
The Sword of the Spirit

After the lesson, we had a little boy looking like a medieval soldier ready to battle Satan.

The kids, as I saw it, had a good time watching me put on the pieces of the armor. Hopefully they understood the lesson and they tried to put on the armor daily.

After the lesson, the kids had a few minutes before the end of the meeting so they played more ping pong. Also, I gave each student a couple take home puzzles for their enjoyment.

Around 7 pm, the meeting came to an end.

No comments: